CRITERIA FOR SELECTION OF DONORS FOR COVID-19 CONVALESCENT PLASMA
- COVID-19 convalescent plasma will be collected from individuals who meet all donor eligibility requirements including collection of plasma by plasmapheresis.
- All donated plasma will be tested for relevant transfusion-transmitted infection and must be found suitable for clinical use.
- Male or Female; 18 years or older
- Evidence of COVID-19 documented by lab test either by
- Nasopharynged test (RT-PCR) at the time of illness;
- Positive Anti-SARS-Cov2 antibodies after recovery, if prior diagnostic test was NOT performed at the time COVID-19 infection was suspected.
- Either one of the following:
- Complete resolution of symptoms at 28 days prior to donation;
- Complete resolution of symptoms at least 14 days prior to donation;
- Negative results for COVID-19 either from one or more nasopharyngeal
swab specimens OR by a molecular diagnostic test form blood.
- No previous history of organ transplant.
- Anti-SARS-COV2 antibodies
To learn more about donating plasma, please call (956)215-3166/ (956)342-4896 or email us at email@example.com.