The mission of the Office of Grants & Contracts Management is to provide assistance to the investigators in submitting competitive grants and contracts for extramural funding.
The Office of Grants & Contracts Management is also responsible for review and approval of all contracts with industry partners as well as with State, Federal and other sponsoring agencies. This includes:
- Budget review;
- Grant application and contract proposal review;
- Contract review, negotiation, and acceptance;
- Subrecipient agreement development, negotiation, and acceptance; and
- Providing advice on sponsor and Research Institute requirements.
Office of Grants & Contracts is also responsible for post-award processes for compliance with sponsor requirements which include:
- Financial reporting and standard invoicing (e.g. does not include non-governmental
clinical trial invoicing which is done by academic units);
- Providing advice on sponsor and Research Institute requirements;
- Acting as a liaison with sponsor contract/financial representatives;
- Cash management; and
- Acting as a liaison for audits of sponsored activity.
OGC also has responsibility for various systems required by the federal government, for providing management reports, and for keeping abreast of major changes in regulation related to grants and contracts.
For general Grants and Contracts information, call 956-362-2377
or email to [email protected]
UNDERSTANDING FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES
There are many elements that must come together to bring a study to completion. Developing the research question and purpose is only the first part of the process. Many times, funding is necessary to carry out the work that the study entails. Many researchers, therefore, apply for grants to help support their research.
Grants can be broadly categorized as those awarded by the federal government and those awarded by non-federal entities. Within these two categories are a variety of funding sources and program types.
It can feel overwhelming trying to find the right funding source for you or your organization so we have included a list of available resources that you may use to search for available funding opportunity announcements.
For information for an individual contract or grant, please visit the program’s site. General questions may be directed to DHR Health Research Institute at Research and Development.